For Mini Easter Bunny Cakes
BUNNY TOES and TAILS CAKES!
NOTE: ==> For Humans Only! Makes 3 Cakes...
1. Bake (6) 4" round cakes in flavor(s) of your choice
2. Mix batches of pale green, pink, and yellow icings, as well as a darker shade of green, using gel colors.
3. Stack a 4" layer on top of a 4" layer using frosting or filling of your choice (making 3 cakes).
4. Ice each cake using a different icing color, and use a multi-sided cake comb (I used Wiltons) to produce a different pattern on the sides of each cake.
5. Use the same color icing color to create a beading effect around the bottom borders of each cake. (#8 tip)
6. Pipe a mound of chocolate icing on the top of each cake using tip #807, then coat with fine chocolate cookie crumbs to give the appearance of "dirt".
7. Pipe a smaller mound of white icing on the top of each "dirt" mound using #808 tip (bunny bottom).
8. Attach 2 Bunny Toes and 1 Tail to each white mound to give the appearance of a rabbit scurrying down a rabbit hold.
9. Finish by piping a "grassy" border around each "dirt" mound, using the darker green icing in a #22 Star Tip.
10. Finish off with a Carrot placed on the "dirt".