Doggy "Beg For More" Layer Cake Recipe
For Doggy's Birthday Party!
It's Tail Waggin' and sure to be a hit, we offer our premium and favorite Pup Cake Recipe!
3 cups wheat flour
1 tbls baking powder
1/2 cup margarine, softened
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup corn oil
2 jars strained chicken baby food
2 cups finely shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Prepare either two 8" round cake pans, or any of our
Pet Pawty Paw and Bone Pans
- Let eggs and margarine come to room temperature
- Combine wheat flour and baking powder in separate bowl; set aside
- Grate Carrots
- In mixing bowl, beat margarine until smooth
- Add beaten eggs and corn oil, mix well
- Add baby chicken food and grated carrots
- Incorporate the wheat flour in 3 batches
- Beat 4 minutes (with either a Kitchen Aid or hand mixer)
Mixing for 4 minutes with a mixer will incorporate a lot of air into the batter for volume and texture.
Pour mixture into pan(s), and bake for 55 minutes (make sure it's done in the middle before removing from the oven).
Cool for 5 minutes, then turn onto rack and let cool completely before frosting.
Puree 16 oz cottage cheese and 1 tbls honey in blender, decorate with chopped peanuts
Whip together (until fluffy and smooth) - 16 oz low fat cream cheese, 6 oz low fat (not light as artificial sweetener isn't good for animals) vanilla custard yogurt, and 2 tbls. honey. This mix is stiff enough to use with a decorating tube!